Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fuji Film

A few weeks back my Fuji F410 Finepix camera ceased to work after 4 years and 9430 photos.
As described earlier in this blog.

The last picture I took with my F410, so I thought.
This happened right before we went to Noosa and it was a shame as the camera had served me for so long and had been around the world with us, literally. I didn't want to give up on the camera yet and went to Fixya.com. There they alerted me to a known fault that several major digital camera manufacturers have experienced with their CCD chip. With that information I Googled this news article from the Wall Street Journal and I wrote an email to Fuji with a link to that article enclosed. They responded the next day saying my problem with the camera appeared to be a problem that might fall under their recall and I should send it to the Fuji repair centre too make sure. Which I did. And it turned out to be that specific problem and they repaired my camera free of charge.

My point being Fuji Australia gave me great customer service even though my camera was over 4 years old and I was no longer in possession of the warranty papers and it was repaired at no cost to me other then the postage. If you have an old camera that ceased working it might be worth checking the above described symptoms and act on them rather then just discard the camera.

Needless to say I have a new toy and Caroline has a 'new' camera to. =)

No comments:

ShareThis