Sunday, April 27, 2008

The MOST expensive beer we have ever seen!!!

Yesterday, Caroline and I went to the Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe. Only because Caroline could get a buy one lunch meal get one free on one of her shopping cards, NOT because it had beer in its name. Although......
The Redoak BBC is also a micro-brewery which was a pleasant surprise and I had one of the weirdest beer flavours I ever had, Marzen Rauch something or other, which has a smoked salmon flavour. Words can't describe it.
Really, it wasn't bad at all and I did enjoy it although next time when I order a new beer for the first time I might not go for a pint but a lesser size first.
The lunch we had was really good and we will definitely come back another time to sample more of both the beer menu and the food menu.

But we'll pass on the Special Reserve or the Framboise Reserve for now:

They are AU$ 75 /250 mL per bottle. That is AU$ 300 per Litre or approximately 140 British Pounds per Litre, 178 Euros per Litre or 280 American Dollars per litre!!!!

No comments:

ShareThis